Why choose "Hands On" Massage?
- Our team is fun, reliable and passionate about their work
- Result focussed, and work hard to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients
- High Performance Sport New Zealand accredited providers, working with elite athletes who perform on both national and international level
- Great multi-disciplinary network of colleagues in Christchurch
- Operate from SportsMed located in town and Hands On Clinic in Queenspark
- Recent massage experience from Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro 2016 and Common Wealth Games in Glasgow 2014
Who will benefit from massage?
Massage has both physical, physiological and psychological advantages. Almost everyone can be treated. It can help maintain the body in generally better condition, prevent injuries, cure and restore mobility to injured muscle tissue, alleviate chronic muscle pain and alleviate distress symptoms. In addition, because you feel better after a massage, you may discover renewed energy and motivation for physical activity. Massage can help maintain health and vitality.
The following indicates situations when massage can be very beneficial:
- Sport injuries
- Sport maintenance massage
- Back and neck pains
- Stress relief
- Muscular and nervous tension
- (Chronic) muscular pain or cramp
- Poor circulation
- Work overload and tension
- (Chronic) headaches
- Damaged tissues
- Poor muscle and skin tone
* Please note. There are some conditions (contraindications) that cannot be treated with Massage. Contraindications happen when a client’s condition (e.g. fever, sunburn) is temporarily detrimental for treatment. Please mention any specific medical conditions to us when you make your booking so we can be sure that Massage will be suitable for you.
What type of massage do I choose?
Individual treatment plans will be developed to suit your specific requirements. Our clinic offers the following types of massage:
The prime purpose of sports massage therapy is to help athletes enhance their performance and improve their recovery, by alleviating the stress and tension which builds up in the body’s soft tissues during physical activity. However, sports massage is not just for athletes: anyone can benefit from sports massage, including people in physically demanding jobs.
Deep tissue massage relieves pain and muscle tension throughout the body. By using a firm pressure using thumbs, fists, or elbows, it reaches the deepest layer of muscles, fascia, and tendons. The goal is to realign muscle fibres by breaking down adhesions (tense areas within the muscle). Adhesions in the muscle are very important to address because they cause pain, inflammation and limit motion of the muscles and joints.
Neuro Muscular Therapy (NMT)
Neuromuscular therapy is a specialised form of deep tissue massage in which alternating levels of concentrated digital pressure and friction are used to release areas of strain in the muscle. These areas of strain are called tender or trigger points (small areas of hypersensitivity in a muscle caused by overstrain) and are the cause of muscular pain symptoms. The prime purpose of NMT is to restore balance to soft tissue and fascia.
Relaxation massage is a gentle Swedish massage that uses long smooth gliding strokes that are rhythmic and flowing. In Swedish massage, the pressure is deeply relaxing, but not painful. A treatment that is designed to soothe and relax, not to relieve chronic pain or other underlying ailments.
Prenatal massage reduces stress and promotes overall wellness. This massage relieves many of the normal discomforts experienced during pregnancy, such as backaches, stiff neck, leg cramps, headaches and oedema (or swelling).
What results will be achieved with massage?
- Increased joint flexibility and range of motion
- Enhanced athletic performance and recovery
- Tissue repair and improved balance of soft tissue
- Reduced pain and swelling, muscle spasms and reduced formation of excess scar tissue
- Aiding in faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments
- Improved circulation of blood
- Reduced pain by calming the peripheral nervous system
- Easing of tension and stiffness to help relieve stress and promote relaxation
- Helps relief of tension-related headaches and effects of eye-strain
- Promotion of deeper and easier breathing
- Improved posture
Clinic Contact Person
For more information on Massage Therapy treatments, contact Lejorben Lutters on 03 383 1445 (clinic) or 021 1777 003 (mobile).
You can also contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org